First, we had Kevan's birthday. Me and the girls got him some boys toys - a chainsaw sharpener and a belt sander. Strangely enough, apparently he's never had a belt sander before - I thought he'd had everything but I must admit I do tend to glaze over when I go in the shed! He was happy, he's never had a chainsaw sharpener before either, always done each 'tooth' by hand. Can't remember if we went out, don't think we did but he had a good day anyway.
A couple of weeks later we had a day off school - Gold Coast Show day again. You may remember we were burgled the first GC Show we went to so I'm always a bit anti going but Abs was doing a Cheer display so we had to. Didn't stay long though, once you've been to one you've seen all there is to be seen and fairground rides that are assembled and dismantled constantly have never done anything for me. Great weather though, Spring finally arrived and it's amazing - first day of spring is 1st September and literally the weather improves immediately although we have had a couple of chilly nights recently.
Next event was Father's Day which over here is the first Sunday in September. Abs had a major competition up at Brisbane Entertainment Centre again so I suggested that we all go and during a long gap between performances a load of us were going out for lunch. To my surprise he agreed, let's face it, Cheerleading is never going to be his thing!!! They came away with First in the Stunt routine and fourth in the Pom so pretty good.
What next? Oh that would have been my birthday. I am SO not the age my passport tells me I am, surely some mistake? Hey, guess what? Abs was performing in the World Cup up at Brisbane Entertainment Centre again. This time I had to get up at 6:30!!! On my birthday for crying out loud!. Anyway this time they came away with First in Stunt again and a second in the Pom. They are doing so well. The height they toss a couple of the girls up in the air is amazing considering Abs is about the tallest in the group.
Got home at about 2pm and crashed for an hour only to be woken up by Kevan starting the extension!!! More on that later. We went out for a fab Asian meal (Chinese with a bit of Thai and Malay thrown in at a restaurant called the Blue Palace. Great food. I got a lovely top from one of my favourite shops and a Pandora bracelet which is an expensive build your own charm bracelet. They got me the silver bracelet and three charms so I was a very happy bunny.
On the Sunday surprise surprise Abs was performing again but this time it was just a display at the local Spring Festival so only out for an hour. Came back to find Kevan digging again!!
We are now half way through school holidays. Two weeks of not having to get up at silly o'clock! Probably said it before but school holidays here are so different. First off you can generally guarantee what the weather will be doing and secondly, there are three two week holidays between terms with a long Summer/Christmas holiday of 7-9 weeks.
Last Wednesday I did my last shift at VMR. Will never sit and stare at the ocean from that particular window again. The creek that flows into the ocean has silted up badly and the state government are constantly arguing with Federal Government about whose responsibility it is. In the meantime, boats can hardly get out and whilst the view is lovely, having no boats to monitor does make it boring even for a lazy mare like me.
Today? Well blow me down with a feather. Heather turned 16! I don't know how, I don't have any idea where the last 16 years have gone but there you go, she's reached the milestone in one piece. She had her belly button pierced on Wednesday - I took her by surprise, she's been whittering on about having it done for years but we've always said no, do what you want when you're 16. As I was a bit twitchy some dipstick friend would either try to do it for her or take her to some shonky place, I got a recommendation from a couple of jewellers and took her off with no warning. She got very nervous, wanted it done but didn't want it to hurt!!!!
She squeezed my hand so hard I nearly screamed but we got through it and the woman gave us both lolly pops after. She's very happy with it and is constantly looking at it.
Today she had a party on the beach. It was great, I took her and a few mates down to the local beach at about 2pm, dropped them and some food, balloons, banners etc and drove away. I think there was about 20/25 people there and they didn't finish until 8pm. In the meantime I took Abs to - guess - another competition. This one is organised by Wet n' Wild (Huge water theme park on the coast. They did brilliantly today. First in Stunts and First in Pom and to add to that, the senior team also came away with both firsts, which is a first. Currumbin whitewashed everybody - very very chuffed but had a bit of a croaky voice by the end.
Heather is now (11:30pm) chatting loudly with four friends on a sleepover. If she doesn't want me to hear what they're talking about they really need to drop the volume a bit.
Don't know what she got from most of her mates but we gave her a Pandora bracelet as well with two charms on it and one of her best mates got another one for her. Ex boyfriends all (3) turned up and gave her presents so it's fab that she's stayed friendly with them. Probably going out for dinner tomorrow.
We've had two lots of Koalas in the garden in the last week as well as a couple of kangaroos. Mum and baby Koala were in a tree very close to the house all day. Heather reckons they came for her birthday and that the baby waved to her. Yes, hon, of course it did!
Night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment