OK quite annoyed. Had all this entry done with piccies and everything and somehow lost the piggin lot so will try and remember all the hilarious and clever comments!!
Wednesday 19th April at silly o'clock (6:30am) loads of men turn up with big boys toys. Another load of men turn up with ....nothing; they were building the retaining wall to prevent the house falling into the pool. They start work whilst one man in big digger starts digging big hole about a metre behind them. Fun to watch anyway and was proven by the load of men standing watching!!

Thursday 20th April man turns up who bends steel wire things. He spent the day and some of Friday bending steel and wrapping the inside of the pool with it - gives the concrete something to cling too. He also attached lots of tin pie plates all over the place. I have absolutely no idea what they were for but they looked very pretty with the sun shining on them.

Friday 21st April - another VERY early morning - concrete mixer and lots of men arrive at about 6:15am and start pumping and spraying concrete all over bendy steel man's steel and plates. All done by about 11am.

Monday 24th April (Happy Birthday Dave) filtration/plumbing man arrives - not supposed to be here until Wednesday but never mind!! Long discussion about where the pump should go. Longer conversation with Kevan on the phone about where it should go, long and short of it was ........ he would come back on Wednesday and see Kevan - apparently it was something akin to Rocket Science!!
Wednesday 26th April back he comes and long conversation with Kevan who says where he wants it (I'm not involved in this). Kevan goes to work and man starts - wearing the most ridiculous hat I have ever seen. He finishes and I go to have a look, thinking he will be back in the morning to finish. Oh no, put pump in silly place. Kevan comes home and says "why did he put it there? I wanted it there" pointing to a spot about 15 metres away!!
Now if I were back in the UK and had Sue (surname secret to preserve her anonimity) bending my ear I would have lost the plot. I am in Aus and as such just shrugged and we have decided to plant a creeper over the fence in front of pump and forget it's there.
On the Saturday we ordered some different retaining wall blocks to go below/behind the pool. They were delivered on Thursday. Hey they're the wrong colour!!! Deep breath - need them now, does it matter - Kevan's laying them and he's colour blind so......"Whatever"!
Sue is probably either having heart failure or needing the toilet by now. How you doing hon?
I think that's it for now. I can see you are waiting with bated breath for the next instalment.
2 comments:
and the updated photos???????
i sure am.
nice pics mate
Post a Comment