Anyway, here she (he/it) is....
Kevan and I went out the Sunday after smashing the car up to look for a decent second hand, we waited until the yards had closed as we were not in the best frame of mind to put up with used car salesmen irritating us! Hot, humid, tired etc. We didn't see anything that appealed. Nice cars way too expensive or piles of poo at the right price.
On the Monday, went on the internet to see what there was and found a Rav4 at the dealership Kevan used to work at, it was ok, the price was right, Kevan thought it in good nick but my heart wasn't in it. So keeping that on hold, kept looking on the net and found this CR-V listed. Picked the girls up from school and drove up to see it. Kevan was still at work and was convinced it would be rubbish so didn't join us. Chucking it down with rain but took it for a test drive and loved it. Rang Kevan, he had a long chat with the salesman - confused the hell out of him, he obviously sells cars without knowing anything about them! We agreed a price and then when we went to collect it on the following Saturday, Kevan started his mechanic bit!!! Unfortunately I'd already agreed the price so he didn't get any more knocked off but he still tried because that's what he does!
Have been really impressed with how the insurance company and Queensland Transport work with a right off. I haven't had to do anything, no forms, no sending slips of paper various places. Just told the insurers I'd had an accident - one phonecall. During that phone call they patched me straight through to the hire car people. A day later the assessor rings to make an appointment. Turns up following day. The next day it's confirmed it's a right off how much I would get; a tow truck turns up to take it away. Wasn't in but they didn't need anything signing. A couple of days later, the cheque arrives and it's all done. I'm amazed.
Oh this will make some of you chuckle. I laughed like a drain! Kevan was at work at some house, doing the air con and there was obviously a skip outside (house still being built). He decided that he needed to check it out and see if there was anything he needed/wanted/didn't want but might later sort of thing. As he's raking through, one of his work mates, bearing in mind they've only known him a couple of months, looks at him, laughs and says 'What's your name? Pikey?" Kevan was a tiny bit embarrassed as he replied "Funny you should say that......." It doesn't take long for the world to pick up on him does it! When he told me, first thing I thought was Jimbo will love this!
Heather has a job!!!! Well we think she has, she did a few hours on Saturday when they checked her out and made sure she could do it. Now the girl she was working with has to write a report on her and get back to the manager. She reckoned she did well, had no problem with the EFTPOS machine, ran the shop on her own for half an hour so should be good and she can now start saving for a car. Just checked the website and her shop isn't on the list as yet, it's only just opened.
Huge news! Abs has had a hair cut. Heather cut it for her a couple of months ago and cut about 3 inches off. Hairdresser did it the other day and cut off about 8 inches! She was totally over it and wears it tied up most of the time so she wanted rid. The girls in the salon were not too keen on doing it, kept looking at me, stroking it, asking if she was sure. In the end it was off and she loves it.
Kevan and Kev took the boat out the other weekend so me and the girls went up into the mountains. Fantastic views. The main look out point was down a slope with stacks of trees around and the sun was the other side of the mountain. Oh My God! It was so cold! The girls lasted about 3 minutes before taking the car keys and rushing back up the mountain to sit in the car whilst I took the first two pics. We then drove down the mountain a little way and on the way to taking the next two we met Mr (or Mrs) Goanna. That's the first one we've seen, so I was quite pleased.
Oh and K & K didn't catch anything so nothing new there!
I think that's it for now. Oh Deb, let me have a pic of your car sometime.
Oh and K & K didn't catch anything so nothing new there!
I think that's it for now. Oh Deb, let me have a pic of your car sometime.
2 comments:
Nice wheels chick and Heather has a job???? OMG! They grow so quick its scary X
Whoooo Hooooo!
We have the same car! :D Even down to the colour. Has yours got the picnic table in the back covering the spare tyre?
I swear, they take the piss out of that, but I've used it so many times. Who the hell carries a table in the back of their car? I do. And it rocks! :D
Post a Comment