Last night we went to see Elton John at the local Polo park! We all have them local don't we. It wasn't local local, had to drive for an hour but it's a stunning part of the country. Here are a few pics of the site and of course Elton. He was superb, all on his own on stage with just a piano for company - amazing. We've seen him a fair few times now and this was definitely 'up there'. He's lost nothing, if anything he's better because of the obvious lack of drugs and drink inside him.
Abs's school put on a huge show last week. They had booked the Gold Coast Arts Centre
which was pretty impressive. From 4 - 6:30 they had the prep to grade 3 and then from 7:30 - 9:30 was grade 4 to 7.
Very good. Each class did their own thing and some of the singing was amazing. Young kids with no stage fright is something to see.
Some other photos taken recently. Dreamworld was the setting for the first two. Can't upload the one of Heather with the Koala, no idea why. We don't get this close to the wildlife in the garden. They are too shy for that.
More wildlife. The Magpie comes for hand feeding every few days. Sometimes brings his mates. The Kangaroo was sitting at the side of the road - as they do! The yellow bird is a Regent Bowerbird. The next one is a car junk yard just off the motorway which makes us smile. Around this way, don't know if it's all of QLD or any other states, our motorway sound barriers are painted. There's one near Abs' school which is all kids faces, there's a few that are just different birds etc. This one, the whale is just before our turnoff. The last one is a Crimson Rosella.
Ooops, sorry some of them are huge again.
Oh forgot to say, I have frozen shoulder. adhesive capsulitis is the technical name apparently. Well, if anyone has had it I apologise. I always thought it just meant sleeping awkwardly, bit like a stiff neck. Oh good grief, it's nothing like that!!! I can honestly say I have never been in so much pain. Child birth was a piece of cake (even Heather's) compared to this pain. I had xrays and ultrasound both of which showed nothing and according to the Ultrasound technician nothing showed up because “the patient was unable to move her arm because of the pain”! No shit sherlock.
Anyway the physio is now on to it and so far I've had acupuncture all over the shoulder, down the arm, in the spine, tens machine on it, stacks of manipulation and he's regularly crunching down on my spine! Not cheap but apparently I am coming to the end of the first period which is the worse. My physio has told me it will be about a year before it's gone completely. Some people get through it in 9 months and other take about 18 months so we'll see.
I've also heard that a fair number of people who've had it once then get it in the other shoulder so I've decided I'm not one of those statistics. It's my left shoulder thankfully. If it happens in the right I'll be stuffed.
Kevan's work is going well. He hated it for a week or so because of a bloke he was working with. Since he's been with other people it's been good. He's actually been out and about and seen more of the country.
It's not been warm really. We are still hovering around the 22 degree mark. Other parts of Aus like Perth have had 38 degrees plus. Abs has been in the pool a lot, Kevan a bit less, Heather once and me – none. It's too cold I tell you!
1 comment:
Fab pics of the girls, and Elton of course... Great update. I must do the same to mine!
Post a Comment