Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And another bit

Published the last lot and then realised I hadn't finished - unlike me to go on and on and on!

Day 4. Tuesday morning we got rudely awakened by some numpty smoking below his smoke alarm so the fire bells were ringing very very loudly at 5:20am! Had to walk down from the 11th floor and sit out on the road for nearly an hour but at least it's February and relatively warm. Got back inside, packed up and left to fly home.

Got a couple of nice pictures from the plane. I think I have become a bit obsessed with this camera but not to worry. First one is a bit of the NSW coast - not sure where and the second is the Tweed River with the ocean beyond and Cook Island - apparently this is a brilliant place to learn to scuba dive but we haven't done that yet.



I have just realised that I changed some of the settings on the pictures so if you open them up they may be enormous - sorry. Totally forgot. I'm sure you will all cope though.

Abs's birthday today - she has got to 12 without being murdered! wow! Can't tell you what we got her because she hasn't had it yet! Should be some great photos at some point though.

I won a photo shoot prize thing and we went to that yesterday - the photographer took some great shots of the girls (not that we've seen them yet) but hopefully some will be worth putting on here and if you're a very special person you may even get a hard copy of one of them. Silly lady wanted Kevan and I in the pictures as well - I guess she doesn't know us very well!!!

Friends of ours are finally moving out here - will be living up the coast a bit. Yet another Harpenden firefighter has had enough! Not many of them left now. Apparently another one went at the end of last year - he is now in New Zealand - what's going on in Harpenden that people need to get as far away as possible!!! Anyway Kev and Nicky are on their way although I am bit worried because Nicky is coming on her own first to start work as a paramedic and leaving Kev for a couple of months - that's not the bit that worries me. Nicky will be here with ALL their money! Does Kev really know what's he's doing I wonder. I don't think Kevan would trust me although I have no idea why that would be.

I've just remembered that there was something I was going to tell you about but I can't for the life of me remember what it was - leave it with me and I will try and rack my brains. I'm sure it was something really interesting as well!

Thought I would show you a couple more pictures I took today at the beach. The good thing about this blog and the photos is that I can put them on here and you can look if you want or ignore if you want and you don't have me peering over your shoulder telling you where, when how etc - must be a great relief to you all.

Anyway, the weather was picking up, the seas were rough but it made for some cool pictures. We had loads of rain yesterday and early morning so the difference in colour is the sun doing it's thing.








No comments:

Blog Archive