Well it seems like the holidays have lasted forever but have also managed to not get a lot of stuff done - how does that happen? Heather has been on more sleepovers in the last two months than I thought possible and thankfully has an annual pass to Wet n' Wild because she must have spent half the holidays there. Still not got there myself but she seems to have hade a great time.
You will all be pleased to know I have managed a few days PAID work. Uniform shop and only very casual but looking forward to seeing the money in the bank. Very manic there. We opened all last week (except Friday being Australia Day) and took around $75,000!!!!! Back there Monday and Tuesday - shame I don't get a cut of the profits!
Really excited and boring the pants off the others but I am off to Sydney for a girls weekend next Saturday! Just me and a cyber mate (met once before but talk on MSN every day and have just clicked) - she is coming from country Victoria and we have a two bed apartment overlooking Darling Harbour. Meeting up with a few Sydneysiders Saturday night, visiting another friend up in the Blue Mountains on Sunday, bringing her back down to the city that night, a day out and about Sydney on Monday and then Monday evening going to see Scissor Sisters - should be great. Flying home Tuesday morning. Planning on taking lots of photos so if you're lucky I might remember to post some on here.
The temperature has finally remembered it's summer and the last few days has been humid and hot - just in time for the kids to go back to school. Was a bit overcast today but still warm. I guess the last few days has been around 32 degrees so the pool has finally been used a fair bit. Still can't get our heads around the fact that we live here and have our own pool with Lorikeets and Kookaburras sitting on the branches watching us !
Both Heather and Abs are actually looking forward to school - reckon they've been bored but for the life of me I can't remember when ! Heather finally gets to Grade 9 and Abs is going into Grade 7 which here is the last year of primary instead of being the first year of secondary.
What will freak a lot of people out but not me because I am now a laid back Aussie Sheila is that the class lists for the primary schools don't come out before the holidays. The kids only find out which other children will be in their class on the first day of term. Abs isn't concerned so I am certain I'm not.
One gripe I have with this country - well not the whole country - I have no idea about that, but locally anyway - all the Australians seem to believe that drinking recycled water will kill them. Seriously, we have the worst drought in living memory, are running out of water fast and the arguments going on about desalination and recycled water is incredible. They (this includes the media, politicians, joe public) all believe that no one could possibly survive on recycled water. They refuse to accept that stacks of other countries actually only ever have recycled.
The thing is, on the Gold Coast anyway, they are only vaguely considering using it for flushing loos and for washing machines but still it is a definite no no. Dozy buggers!
Oooh, just thought of a stack of things general that might interest some of you - probably bore the rest rigid but hey ho, Will make a note of them now and then put them all together when I can be bothered.
Bet you can't wait.
Anyway, dinner is almost ready so this will have to do for now. Hope the weather is being kind to you wherever you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment